Monday, March 8, 2010

Tennis: I'm going to Palm Springs!!

Finally, after living in SoCal for close to 5 years, I'm going to attend the Indian Wells tournament. Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Del Potro, Agassi, Sampras, Graf, Davenport, Clijster, Henin, Sharapova....and the list goes on. It's used to be called Pacific Life Open, now it's called the BNP Paribas Open. But still, it's one of the biggest tournament worldwide, right after the 4 grandslams. The best of the best players gather and the ginormous sum of prize money makes this one of the most coveted tournament. Though, it's known to produce unexpected winners, and the Williams sisters won't be there b/c of a certain "incident" ( you can google it if you want to, it's been discussed way too much with no clear conclusion, so no point for me to revisit the subject).

I'm excited though, oftentimes players debut new outfits. Sharapova will be there, so hopefully she decides to debut one of her new clothes, if not I'll have to wait till Miami. Watching her choices sometimes is half the fun.

I'm also looking forward to seeing good tennis, and feel the impact of balls being struck live. The impact and the force provides an incomparable experience than TV. It really puts you in perspective of how hard and how agile these professional players are. It's one of those moment that makes you rethink things, things we might have said in front of a TV, perhaps along the lines of "Man, I can do that" or "How can they miss THAT?!!"

I'll try to take pictures and put them here, it'll be a good photo journal for myself also. 4 more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment