Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fashion: My new shoes

Once in a while I splurge, and even then, I do it at discount retailers, hence why Nordstrom Rack is one of my favorite store on earth. Today was a bit of a personal shopping day, and even in this tough economic time, I managed to snag two pairs of really cool sneakers at a great price.


The first one is a pair of brown Puma mixed-fabric mid-tops. Usually I like Puma's style, and I am particularly drawn to designs that mixes different types of fabric. In this case, it's leather x nylon and it matches perfectly with my brown track suit, which is cotton x nylon! When I saw this I immediately thought of the look in my head, and I love the gray lining on the inside, brown and grey is such an intriguing yet tough color combo, so to have it in a pair of shoe is an easier way to pull it off. Then the $30 price tag just sealed the deal for me!


The second pair is a white high top Creative Recreation with blue and red color block detail. Usually I'm not a big fan of CR just because of all the bells and whistles that come with their designs. But, this particular pair that I come across is very clean and sleek, and they kept the flaps to a minimum, thank God. The sneaker has a Gucci vibe to it, which is appealing to me, I always thought though Gucci was a bit over the top, their footwear is always classy and sleek. And this was only $45 bucks, not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment