Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 4 - March 28th

So Bryan had something very important to do today, so for most part of the day I got a chance to hang out with some of his friends. Once again, I was introduced to really good food, this time around for lunch, we went to "homeslice", an Austin pizza joint. I was skeptical at first about texan pizza, but it was surprisingly good! Thin crust (which I love), garlicy sauce, and tons and tons on garlic on my white pizza, along with creamy ricotta cheese, it was pretty amazing.

We then went to kayak. I have to say, as much as I love water sport, kayaking is something I haven't done in a LONG time. I was a little nervous to not embarrass myself out there, and then guess what, the next thing our kayak wouldn't stop going in circle. Me and my partner, Joy, we had no idea why that's happening. For the longest time I thought I must've sucked THAT bad. After a while, we decided to take some mini breaks and our boat would always turn around and go backward. That's when I thought to myself, "how come it feels more natural going backward", and then we looked around and said, "Wait a minute...WE ARE THE ONE BACKWARD". So apparently our boat was going backward the whole time, which would explain why it kept going in circle despite our utmost effort to steer it straight. So....with that figured out, me and joy are actually quite good at kayaking. We even challenged the friends who went with us to a race and won!!

After a grueling hr and a half of kayaking (hold your boos and weak-sauce comment, we were paddling against really strong wind on the way back, which makes it super difficult trying to move forward, it was a mini life metaphor, when life push you back, you just gotta move ahead anyway). And then....we went to get shaved ice, it's different than the one we get in Cali, this is way better. The ice was finely grated and it was just smooth like snow, plus the flavoring and the cream, all of those makes for a great treat after a good workout, I would imagine it to be even better during the summer.

To continue the trend of this trip, after a quick break after snowbeach, we then headed out for dinner. Tonight's is Southern food night, so obviously I had to try the country fried steak. And oh man, this is probably the biggest country fried state I've seen in a long long time ( I have a picture to proof). Big and fluffy with a well balanced batter, makes a great country fried steak. And the side, the side!! is amazing. All in all, it's just a great meal and good comfort food. That thing was huge!! and I finished it along with the sides!!

A pleasant surprise of the night comes when we had a chance to talk about discipleship and what we think is the importance of it. It's always nice to have spiritual conversation, even with people who you've barely met. Alright, you can start to see a pattern of my trip, just good food and good conversation. I need to take a nap before we go out for more food, haha. It's a pity to have to leave, but I think I've disrupted Bryan's regular school week, next time maybe I should pick a better time to visit, mm..would there be a next time? We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment